Outlaw Black Tea and Vanilla Ice Cream Float
Close your eyes and you’ll swear this is a Dr. Pepper ice cream float with a hint of smoke. Vanilla ice cream turns up the tea’s sweet cherry flavor and softens its tannins and smoke. Our favorite vanilla ice cream is McConnell’s Vanilla.
Makes 1 drink
Prep time: 30 minutes for tea concentrate
- 2 tablespoons (7 grams) Outlaw tea
- One large scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Outlaw tea with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea. We prefer this float unsweetened, but if you like sweet tea, add ½-1 teaspoon of sugar or honey.
- Pour tea concentrate into glass.
- Add a large scoop of vanilla ice cream. We like the tea to be a little warm so the ice cream melts faster.
- Add a straw. Enjoy!
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: