August Uncommon Tea is a fast-growing direct to consumer premium tea brand based in Alhambra, California. We’re seeking an experienced director of operations to join our team and support our continued growth.
August is dedicated to making tea modern and amazing. We are a very small team of high-energy individuals who strive not just to meet but to exceed our goals. We work hard, and we work as a team. We especially love music and dogs as well as all things food and drink.
The operations manager oversees all daily aspects of our facility, including staffing, warehouse operations, inventory control, and production. This is a hybrid role, with equal time on the warehouse floor and in the office.
This role is a leadership position that sets the tone for our entire team, leading morning meetings, interacting with the whole team, and creating the structure for how we work together.
We’re aiming to fill the role by September 30th.
August is an equal-opportunity employer committed to fostering professional growth for individuals of all identities and abilities. Women, BIPOC and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Ensure orders are picked, packed and shipped as quickly as possible
- Manage inventory production to ensure a 95% fill rate
- Schedule and assign team tasks
- Work with founders on team-building and employee experience
- Lead staff performance management and review process
- Lead entry-level hiring and training
- Ensure our facility is clean and well maintained
- 2+ years small business operations experience
- eCommerce operations strongly preferred
- Compassionate and candid team leader
- Creative, adaptable problem solver comfortable with fast-changing situations
- Strong focus on growth and efficiency
- 9am-5pm on site at our facility in Alhambra, CA
- $56,000 per year
- Sponsored health and vision plan available after 60 days
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Tea stipend