Big Easy Rum Highball
Here’s a pina colada in disguise. It’s light and refreshing, yet packed with island flavor. The creamy taste of our Big Easy green tea with pineapple and caramel is a perfect match for rich rum agricole and soda. It’s luscious and irresistible. Try it for a summer dinner party or instead of mimosas at your next boozy brunch.
Recipe is for 1 drink
Tea-infused rum recipe makes enough for 2 drinks
Allow 30 minutes for rum infusion
- 1 tablespoon Big Easy tea
- 5 ounces rum agricole
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Soda water
- Pineapple wedge (optional)
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Big Easy tea to 4 ounces of rum agricole.
- Infuse for 30 minutes, stirring or shaking every 10 minutes.*
- Remove tea from rum by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer.
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- If making 2 drinks, double the amount of all ingredients.
- Add 2 ounces Big Easy-infused rum agricole and simple syrup.
- Fill glass with soda.
- Garnish with pineapple wedge.
*Makes 4 ounces of Big Easy-infused rum. You will lose 0.5-1 ounce of liquid in the infusion process from tea leaf absorption.
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: