Metropolitan Black Tea Margarita
Meet the chicest margarita on the block. Black tea with plum, bergamot and clove give tequila a sophisticated spin. Blended with black summer fruit, this black margarita is just the thing to beat the heat.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused tequila recipe makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for tea concentrate and tequila infusion
- 2 ounces Metropolitan double concentrate
- 2 ounces Metropolitan infused silver tequila
- 2 ounces sour mix
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- ¼ cup frozen cherries or blackberries
- ½ cup ice
- Make Metropolitan tea double concentrate
- Infuse tequila with Metropolitan tea
- Make Sour Mix
- Add ingredients in a blender
- Blend until cold and frothy
- Pour into a rocks glass with a salted rim
- Garnish with a lime wheel
Tea Concentrate Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons (7 grams) Metropolitan tea
- 10 ounces water
Tea Concentrate Preparation
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Metropolitan tea with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes
- Strain and cool to room temperature
- Refrigeration causes cloudy tea
Makes 10 ounces Metropolitan tea concentrate.
Infused Tequila Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon (3.5 grams) Metropolitan tea
- 4 ounces of silver tequila
Infused Tequila Preparation
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Metropolitan tea to 4 ounces of silver tequila
- Infuse for 1 hour, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes
- Remove tea from tequila by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer
Makes 4 ounces of Metropolitan-Infused Tequila
Sour Mix Recipe
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces simple syrup
Sour Mix Preparation
- Remove pulp from the juice by straining through a fine mesh strainer.
- Stir together all ingredients.
Makes 12 ounces sour mix.
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: