Silencio Black Tea Old Fashioned
Sugar and spice and everything nice. When you're ready to come in from the cold, try this extra warming version of an old fashioned with sweet pineapple and a black pepper black tea infused rum.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused rum recipe makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for rum infusion.
- 2 ounces Silencio-infused rum agricole or dark rum
- 1 sugar cube (la perruche) or 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- pineapple wedge or cherry (optional)
- Make Silencio-infused rum agricole
- If making 2 drinks, double the amount of all ingredients
- Muddle sugar cube in a rocks glass
- Pour 2 ounces Silencio-infused rum agricole over a large ice cube
- Stir for 30 seconds until chilled
- Garnish with a pineapple or cherry
Silencio-infused Rum Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon (3.5 grams) Silencio tea
- 4 ounces rum agricole or dark rum
Silencio-infused Rum Preparation
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Silencio tea to 4 ounces of rum
- Infuse for 1 hour, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes
- Remove tea from rum by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer
Makes 4 ounces of Silencio-infused Rum.
→ See more Winter Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: