Sugar and spice and everything nice. When you're ready to come in from the cold, try this extra warming version of an old fashioned with our Silencio black tea with pineapple and black pepper infused rum.
Recipe is for 2 drinks
Allow 30 minutes for rum infusion
- 1 tablespoons Silencio tea
- 5 ounces dark rum or rum agricole
- 2 Large ice cubes
- 2 sugar cubes or 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- pineapple wedges or cherries (optional garnish)
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Silencio tea to 5 ounces of dark rum or rum agricole.
- Infuse for 30 minutes, stirring or shaking half way through.
- Strain rum into a glass through a fine mesh strainer.
- Muddle sugar cubes in rocks glasses.
- Pour 2 ounces Silencio-infused dark rum over a large ice cube in each glass.
- Stir for 30 seconds until chilled.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges or cherries.