Sugar and spice and everything nice. When you're ready to come in from the cold, try this extra warming version of an old fashioned with our Silencio black tea with pineapple and black pepper infused rum.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused rum makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for rum infusion.
- 1 tablespoon Silencio tea
- 5 ounces dark rum or rum agricole
- Large ice cube
- 1 sugar cube or 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- pineapple wedge or cherry (optional)
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Silencio tea to 5 ounces of dark rum or rum agricole.
- Infuse for 1 hour, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes.
- Strain rum into a glass through a fine mesh strainer.
- If making 2 drinks, double the amount of all ingredients.
- Muddle sugar cube in a rocks glass.
- Pour 2 ounces Silencio-infused dark rum over a large ice cube.
- Stir for 30 seconds until chilled.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge or cherry.