If you like piña coladas… make them dark and sultry with Silencioblack tea. Black tea, cacao, and black pepper add depth and a spicy kick to this sweet Caribbean treat. We dare you to drink just one.
Recipe is for2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for rum infusion.
- 1.5 tablespoons Silencio tea
- 7 ounces dark rum
- 4 ounces coconut milk
- 2 ounces coconut cream
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- Optional: cherry or pineapple slice
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Silencio tea to 6 ounces of dark rum.
- Infuse for 1 hour, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes.
- Remove tea from rum by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer.*
- In an ice-filled shaker, add Silencio-infused rum, coconut milk, coconut cream, and pineapple juice.
- Shake until cold and frothy.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a cherry or pineapple slice.
*Makes 6 ounces of Silencio-infused rum. You will lose 0.5-1 ounce of liquid in the infusion process from tea leaf absorption.
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: