Cardamom Berry Cocktail (bonus mocktail)
The 90s martini craze brought us a berry martini called the black martini. Our version gives this cocktail intense aromatic depth by infusing vodka with our Civil Disobedience smoky cardamom black tea. Are your taste buds ready for a smoky berry martini?
Make a mocktail version. Recipe below.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused vodka recipe makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 15 minutes for vodka infusion. Civil Disobedience tea is so intense that we recommend a 15-20 minute infusion max.
- 1 tablespoon Civil Disobedience tea
- 5 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce crème de cassis liqueur (Chambord or other berry liqueur will work)
- Optional: brandied cherry or blackberry
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon (3.5 grams) Civil Disobedience tea to 5 ounces of vodka. Infuse for 15-20 minutes. Remove tea from vodka by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer. Makes enough for 2 drinks.
- Stir 2 ounces Civil Disobedience-infused vodka with 1 ounce crème de cassis liqueur together in a shaker or pint glass filled with ice.
- Strain and serve in a Nick and Nora glass.
- Optional: Garnish with a brandied cherry or blackberry
Smoky Berry Mocktail
Try a 100% alcohol-free version of this drink with a smoky cardamom black tea infused syrup. Put the syrup on ice with soda to make a dynamite mocktail.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused syrup recipe makes enough for 3 drinks.
Allow 1 hour total - 1 hour for tea syrup, 10 minutes for drink.
Do ahead: make tea syrup the day before and store in the refrigerator.
- 2 tablespoons (7 grams) Civil Disobedience tea
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar or brown sugar
- 8 ounces sparkling water
- .5-1 ounce elderberry or dark cherry juice
- Optional: cherry or blackberry
- Combine 2 tablespoons Civil Disobedience tea, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup demerara sugar in a small pot. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and refrigerate. (Syrup stays fresh for up to a week).
- If making 2 drinks, double all ingredients
- Stir 1.5 ounces Civil Disobedience syrup and elderberry juice together in shaker or pint glass with ice.
- Strain into a highball glass over ice
- Add sparkling water and stir to combine
- Optional: garnish with a cherry or blackberry
*Take care to avoid making the syrup too thick by boiling it down or it will lockup when you shake it with ice.
→ See more Winter Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: