Civil Disobedience Penicillin
Penicillin is just what the doctor ordered for cold weather blues. Our smoky cardamom black tea transforms basic blended scotch into a wonderfully aromatic spirit. Civil Disobedience infused scotch lends earthy depth to this citrus cocktail.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused scotch recipe makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for scotch infusion. Honey ginger syrup takes 20 minutes and can be done either during infusion or the day before.
2 ounces Civil Disobedience-infused blended scotch (we used
- 3/4 ounce honey ginger syrup
- 3/4 fresh lemon juice
- Lemon peel
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- Make Civil Disobedience-Infused scotch
- Squeeze juice ½ of a large lemon. If making 2 drinks, double all ingredients.
- Add crushed ice, whisky and syrup
- Shake, strain and serve over ice in a rocks
- Garnish with a lemon peel
Ginger Honey Syrup Preparation
- Bring ½ cup honey, ½ cup water and 3 ginger slices to a boil
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes
- Strain ginger and cool
Civil Disobedience-Infused Scotch Ingredients
- 1 tablespoons (3.5 grams) Civil Disobedience tea
- 4 ounces blended scotch
Civil Disobedience-Infused Scotch Preparation
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Civil Disobedience tea to 4 ounces of scotch
- Infuse for 1 hour, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes
- Remove tea from bourbon by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer
Makes 4 ounces of Civil Disobedience-infused scotch.