Penicillin is just what the doctor ordered for cold weather blues. Our smoky cardamom black tea transforms basic blended scotch into a wonderfully aromatic spirit. Civil Disobedience-infused scotch lends earthy depth to this citrus cocktail.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused scotch recipe makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for scotch infusion. Honey ginger syrup takes 20 minutes and can be done either during infusion or the day before.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 slices of ginger
- 1 tablespoon (3.5 grams) Civil Disobedience tea
- 5 ounces blended scotch (We used Dewars)
- 2 ouncesCivil Disobedience-infused blended scotch
- 3/4 ounce honey ginger syrup
- 3/4 fresh lemon juice
- Lemon peel
- Make the Honey Ginger Syrup. Bring 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup water, and 3 ginger slices to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain ginger and cool.
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Civil Disobedience tea to 4 ounces of scotch. Infuse for 1 hour, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes. Remove tea from scotch by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer. Makes 4 ounces Civil Disobedience-infused scotch.
- Squeeze juice of ½ a large lemon. If making 2 drinks, double all ingredients.
- Add crushed ice, 2 ounces of infused scotch, and syrup
- Shake, strain and serve over ice in a rocks
- Garnish with a lemon peel