Dots and Loops Black Tea Bourbon Highball (bonus mocktail version)
A lightly boozy apple cooler for those long, sweltering days. Bourbon and soda brighten this black tea’s refreshing fennel and green apple flavor. This highball is a great light cocktail for a picnic or lazing about in a hammock. Make it a mocktail with recipe below.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused bourbon recipe makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for bourbon infusion.
- 1.5 ounces Dots and Loops-infused bourbon
- 1 ounces simple syrup
- 5 ounces soda water
- Make Dots and Loops-Infused Bourbon
- Fill highball glass with ice
- If making 2 drinks, double the amount of all ingredients
- Stir together Dots and Loops infused bourbon and syrup
- Pour over ice
- Add soda water, apple slice garnish
Dots and Loops-Infused Bourbon Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon (3.5 grams) Dots and Loops tea
- 4 ounces bourbon
Dots and Loops-Infused Bourbon Preparation
- In a glass container, add 3.5 grams or 1 tablespoon of Dots and Loops tea to 4 ounces of bourbon
- Infuse for 1 hour, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes
- Remove tea from bourbon by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer
Makes 4 ounces of Dots and Loops-infused bourbon.
Dots and Loops Black Tea Mocktail
- Make tea concentrate
- Add 1/2-1 teaspoon simple syrup or honey
- Pour tea over ice
- Stir and garnish with apple slice
Dots and Loops Tea Concentrate Preparation
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Dots and Loops tea with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes
- Strain and cool to room temperature
- Refrigeration causes cloudy tea
Makes 1 12oz drink.
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: