I love a good nightcap - that last precious drink to end a fabulous night. For months I’ve been searching a drink that will give me the feeling of an amazing nightcap without the booze. I simply do not want to risk disrupted sleep or a hangover. So my nightcap must be alcohol-free.
A perfect nightcap for me has complex flavor with a bit of bite to mimc the cocktail feel while sipping, and be caffeine free. Let’s not forget that the nightcap’s job is to help you sail into dreamy sleep.
I found my perfect nightcap and I’m thrilled to share the recipe with you.
This cocktail, ahem mocktail, has silky mouthfeel, intensely aroma, a pleasing bite from ginger, and sweetness from strawberry syrup. I recommend Teisseire strawberry syrup. I’m obsessed with these classic French syrups made from real fruit and no artificial flavoring or colors.
I call this a sleep tonic because it’s a concentration of our brand-new rest and digest tea Nightfall. It’s got delightful flavor perfect for sipping slowly. And it’s exactly what your body and brain needs to unwind before bed.
Preparation Pro Tip: Brew the tea at dinnertime so it’s cool enough to pour over ice at bedtime.
Nightfall Sleep Tonic Recipe
- Infuse 2 scoops of Nightfall in 5 ounces 212°f boiling water for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Add a large ice sphere to a rocks glass (I use a big one to avoid diluted flavor but any ice cubes will do)
- Pour tea over ice
- Add 1 tbsp Teisseire strawberry syrup (you can substitute 1 tbsp strawberry jelly or jam)
- Stir to combine and cool into a silky texture
- Add a dash of orange bitters
- Garnish with a strawberry if desired