Fancy a sweet, fizzy pumpkin cocktail? The shandy is a refreshing summer drink, enjoyed all over Europe. It’s known as a radler in Germany, and in France as a panaché or a monaco with lemon soda and grenadine. We swapped traditional lemon soda for our caramel pumpkin rooibos tea and our favorite cream ale, Boddingtons Pub Ale. Made of half beer and half tea, it’s a low ABV drink to enjoy in the hottest days of summer. Perfect for your next BBQ or pool party. Make it a mocktail by substituting cream soda for the cream ale.
Makes 2 drinks
Prep time: 1 hour for tea concentrate
- 2 tablespoons (7 grams)Psychocandy tea
- A pint of Boddingtons Pub Ale or other cream ale
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Psychocandy with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea. Add ½-1 tsp of sugar or honey.
- Pour half tea concentrate into 2 glasses.
- Add beer to fill each glass.
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: