Roasted Oolong Coconut Porter
This drink conjures Balinese dreams. Our roasted oolong Eventide mellows the bitterness of porter beer, leaving sumptuously smooth, lightly effervescent toasted coconut flavor. It’s a rich and dreamy drink. With half beer and half tea, you can take your time sipping this shandy without a big buzz or sugar crash.
Makes 2 drinks
Allow 1 hour for tea concentrate
- 1 tablespoon (7 grams) Eventide tea
- 10 ounces water
- A pint of Maui Brewing Company Coconut porter or other coconut beer
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- Infuse 7 grams of Eventide with 10 ounces 194°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea.
- Add ½-1 teaspoon of sugar or honey per glass.
- Pour half tea concentrate into 2 pint glasses.
- Add beer to fill each glass.