Minty melon beer? Yes, you read that right. This shandy is wild and fabulous. Our Capri fruit tea with melon and peppermint transforms Duvel beer into a magical summer potion. This iced tea drink is a flavor adventure for lovers of flavored beer and mint. If you're not a beer lover, this drink might change your mind. Because it's half beer and half tea, this summer drink recipe is a cinch to make. Even better, the Capri shandy is a low ABV drink to enjoy without a big buzz or extra calories.
Makes 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for tea concentrate.
See the mocktail variation below.
- 2 tablespoons (7 grams) Capri tea
- A pint of Duvel Belgian Blonde Ale or other blonde ale
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- Infuse 7 grams of Capri with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. (Refrigeration causes cloudy tea).
- Add ½-1 teaspoon of sugar or honey.
- Pour half tea concentrate into 2 pint glasses.
- Add beer to fill each glass.
- Make it a mocktail by substituting sparkling apple juice for beer.
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: