Chocolate stout infuses this spicy black tea with darkly delicious effervescence. Painted Desert’s rich chocolate, chili and cinnamon notes are beautifully enhanced by the bittersweet velvet power of chocolate stout. Intense and light at the same time, this shandy is a grownup summer treat that you will savor to the last drop.
Makes 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for tea concentrate.
- 2 tablespoons (7 grams)Painted Desert tea
- A pint of Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout or other chocolate stout
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Painted Desert with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea. Add ½-1 teaspoon of sugar or honey.
- Pour half tea concentrate into 2 glasses
- Add beer to fill each glass