Iced tea and beer make a magical light summer drink. Our chocolate cherry black tea gets a summery flavor lift with the vibrant, fruity fizz of Samuel Smith’s Cherry Ale. Who knew a rich decadent tea could become the life of the party?
Makes 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for tea concentrate.
- 2 tablespoons (7 grams)Cabaret tea
- A pint of Samuel Smith Cherry Ale or other cherry ale
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Cabaret with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea. Add ½-1 teaspoon of sugar or honey.
- Pour half tea concentrate into 2 glasses
- Add beer to fill each glass