Biarritz Tea and Weiss Beer Shandy (bonus mocktail version)
Fancy a fizzy, citrus cocktail with a hint of cherry? The shandy is a refreshing summertime drink, enjoyed all over Europe. It’s known as a radler in Germany and in France as a panaché or a monaco with lemon soda and grenadine. We swapped traditional lemon soda for our cherry orange blossom rooibos tea and favorite wheat beer, Erdinger Weissbier. Half beer, half tea, the shandy is a low ABV drink to enjoy on the hottest days of summer. Perfect for your next BBQ or pool party.
Makes 2 drinks
- 7 grams or 2 tablespoons Biarritz tea
- A pint of Erdinger Weissbier or other wheat beer
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- Infuse 7 grams of Biarritz with 10 ounces 190°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea. Add ½-1 teaspoon of sugar or honey.
- Pour half tea concentrate into 2 glasses
- Add beer to fill each glass
- Make it a mocktail: substitute orange or other citrus soda for beer
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: