The soft floral vibe of Days of Heaven herbal tea will bring life to your favorite lager, weiss bier or IPA. It’s such a versatile tea that works magic on each type of beer we tried. Lager brings out its earthy sweetness, IPA creates a tingly aromatic herbaceous drink, and weiss enhances its sweet tart rhubarb and floral notes. Try all three versions, or go with your favorite type of beer. This shandy takes beer to another stratosphere of flavor that will delight even the pickiest drinker.
Makes 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for tea concentrate.
- 2 tablespoons (7 grams)Days of Heaven tea
- A pint of Samuel Smith Lager, Franziskaner Weissbier or Racer 5 IPA
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Days of Heaven with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea. Add ½-1 teaspoon of sugar or honey.
- Pour half tea concentrate into 2 glasses
- Add beer to fill each glass
- Garnish with a lemon or orange slice