This spirit-forward cocktail maintains the mood of lounging in a leather armchair, surrounded by old books and golden light, enjoying rich, heady flavors. It tastes like a rich, nutty Old Fashioned thanks to the caraway and cocoa in our Leatherbound black tea. It's inspired by the beautiful reading room built in 1928 at UC Berkeley, founder Gina’s alma mater.
Makes 2 drinks
Prep time: 1 hour for tea concentrate
- 2 ounces Leatherbound-infused Aquavit
- 1 ounces Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon nocino walnut liqueur
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- In a clean jar, combine 3.5 grams of tea leaves and 4 ounces of spirits.
- Cover and let infuse for 2 hours, inverting the jar every 30 minutes or so.
- Stir spirits together in shaker or pint glass with ice strain and serve in a rocks glass with large square ice cubes or 1 large round cube
- Garnish with candied walnut.
Leatherbound-Infused Aquavit Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon (3.5 grams) Leatherbound tea
- 4 ounces Aquavit
Leatherbound-Infused Aquavit Preparation
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Leatherbound tea to 4 ounces of bourbon
- Infuse for 2 hours, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes
- Remove tea from bourbon by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer
Makes 4 ounces of Leatherbound-infused aquavit.