Costa Brava Swizzle
From the Costa Brava to the Côte d’Azur, vermouth is synonymous with the aperitif. Switch up your usual beer or martini with this aromatic Spanish-inspired swizzle. Our black tea Leatherbound with dark cocoa and caraway complements the richness of French vermouth and Benedictine liqueur. It’s a light drink that’s big on flavor and low on calories.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea concentrate recipe makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for tea concentrate.
- 2 tablespoons Leatherbound tea
- 2 ounces Noilly Prat red vermouth
- 1.5 ounce Benedictine DOM liqueur
- Sour mix
- Crushed ice
- Orange peel or olive (optional)
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Leatherbound tea with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea.
- Half fill a rocks glass with crushed ice.
- Add 3 ounces Leatherbound tea concentrate, vermouth, and sour mix.
- If making 2 drinks, double the amount of all ingredients.
- Swizzle with a swizzle stick or bar spoon.
- Fill the glass with more crushed ice.
- Garnish with dried or burnt orange peel and an olive.
→ Teas in this recipe: