The odd couple of tea and tonic is rich and refreshing. The Golden Gate Cooler is a fabulous tasting, exceptionally beautiful hot-weather drink. Tonic water showcases the rich caramel character of our sunny black tea, Gold Rush. This makes a fabulous afternoon mocktail.
Check out the recipe below.
Head blender – August Uncommon
Golden Gate Cooler Tea and Tonic Recipe
Makes two 10oz drinks
Prep time 10 minutes
- Infuse 2 tablespoons (7g) of Gold Rush black tea in ~ 3 ounces 212°F water. Use just enough water to cover the tea leaves.
- Infuse for 5 minutes, covered.
- Remove tea leaves and add ~7 oz cold water.
- Fill two highball glasses with ice
- Fill glasses halfway with tonic water
- Top each glass with cool tea
- To layer the drink like in the photo, pour tea slowly over an upside down spoon. The closer the spoon is to the ice, and the slower you pour, the clearer the layering will be.
- Garnish with an orange wheel. Enjoy!