A new spin on an LA favorite. Chili chocolate black tea adds power to the creamy flavor of horchata. Coffee and tea, sugar and spice, and vodka and horchata, oh my.
To make it low ABV, skip the vodka.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Prep time: 1 hour for tea concentrate
- 4 ounces Painted Desert double concentrate
- 1.5 ounces vodka (omit for a low ABV version)
- 1 ounce kahlua
- 1/4 cup horchata (you can substitute cream, milk or nut milk)
Makes 10 ounces Painted Desert tea concentrate (enough for 2 drinks) .
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Painted Desert tea with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes
- Strain and cool to room temperature (Refrigeration causes cloudy tea)
- Fill a rocks glass with ice
- Stir together Painted Desert concentrate, vodka, and kahlua (if making 2 drinks double all ingredients)
- Add a splash of horchata