We gave the daiquiri a touch of Midwestern beauty with our rhubarb, lemon verbena, and chamomile tea, Days of Heaven. This herbal tea blend transforms white rum into a modern aromatic infusion. This fruity floral cocktail is a delightful opener for a dinner party al fresco. Serve it up in either a coupe or a Nick and Nora glass.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused rum recipe makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for rum infusion.
- 1 tablespoon Days of Heaven tea
- 5 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce Luxardo cherry liqueur
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- lime slice (optional)
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Days of Heaven tea to 5 ounces of rum.
- Infuse for 1 hour, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes.
- Remove tea from rum by pouring it into a glass through a fine mesh strainer.*
- If making 2 drinks, double the amount of all ingredients.
- In an ice-filled shaker, add Days of Heaven-infused white rum, Luxardo, and lime juice.
- Shake until cold and frothy.
- Pour into a Nick and Nora glass.
- Garnish with a lime slice.
*Makes 4 ounces of Days of Heaven-infused rum. You will lose 0.5-1 ounce of liquid in the infusion process from tea leaf absorption.
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: