Spice up your summer with this strapping black tea cocktail. We muddled fresh blackberries with Civil Disobedience smoky cardamom tea and added a dose of vodka. This is a must for lovers of fresh blackberries. It’s also a lovely summer drink for fans of scotch and smoke. Pack it in a growler for a gourmet picnic.
Recipe is for 1 drink
Tea concentrate makes enough for 2 drinks
Allow 1 hour for tea concentrate
- 2 tablespoonsCivil Disobedience tea
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1.5 teaspoons turbinado or brown sugar
- 6-8 blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- a sprig of rosemary (optional)
- Infuse 2 tablespoons Civil Disobedience tea with 10 ounces 212°F water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea.
- If making 2 drinks, double the amount of all ingredients.
- In a highball glass, muddle together sugar and berries.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add 6 ounces Civil Disobedience concentrate and 2 ounces vodka.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.