An orange, vanilla tequila dream come true. Intense vanilla, orange, and a hint of grassy green tea turn the classic margarita into a sophisticated drink. Arabesque green tea gives depth and intrigue to summer’s most popular cocktail. Perfect for a fancy summer BBQ.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused tequila, tea concentrate and sour mix recipe make enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 1 hour for tequila infusion and tea concentrate.
- 2 tablespoons (7 grams) Arabesque tea
- 10 oz water
- 1 tablespoon (3.5 grams) Arabesque tea
- 5 oz silver tequila*
- 4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 7 oz simple syrup
- Optional: orange slice for garnish
- Infuse 2 tablespoons of Arabesque tea with 10 oz 176º water for 5 minutes. Strain and cool to room temperature. Makes 10 oz Arabesque double concentrate. Refrigeration causes cloudy tea.
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Arabesque tea to 5 oz of tequila. Infuse for 1 hour, stirring or shaking every 30 minutes. Strain tequila through a fine mesh strainer into a glass.
- Squeeze 4 oz of lime juice and 4 oz of lemon juice. Remove pulp by straining through a fine mesh strainer. Stir together both juices and 4 oz simple syrup in a glass. Makes 12 oz sour mix.
- If making 2 drinks, double the amount of all ingredients.
- In a shaker, add 2 oz Arabesque-infused tequila, 2 oz Arabesque tea concentrate, 3 oz of simple syrup, and 2 oz of sour mix. Shake until cold and frothy.
- Salt the rim of two rocks glass. Pour the drinks over ice.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
*Makes 4 ounces of Arabesque-Infused tequila.
You will lose 0.5-1 ounce of liquid in the infusion process from tea leaf absorption.
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: Arabesque