This modern cocktail captures the majesty of tropical flowers. We infused 7 year Flor de Caña rum with our Black Metallic tea with violet and elderberry notes. The violet intensifies the natural floral notes of banana liqueur. A dose of sherry adds a delicate saline note. This extravagant drink is guaranteed to impress your guests.
Recipe is for 1 drink.
Tea-infused rum makes enough for 2 drinks.
Allow 30 minutes for rum infusion.
- 1 tablespoon Black Metallic tea
- 5 ounces dark rum
- 3/4 ounces creme de banane
- 1 tablespoon amontillado sherry
- Pansy or other edible flower (optional)
- In a glass container, add 1 tablespoon Black Metallic tea to 5 ounces of dark rum.
- Infuse for 30 minutes, stirring or shaking every 10 minutes.*
- Strain rum into a glass through a fine mesh strainer.
- Combine 2 ounces Black Metallic-infused dark rum, sherry, and crème de banane in a shaker or pint glass with ice.
- If making 2 drinks, double the amount of all ingredients.
- Stir to chill mixture.
- Strain and serve in a Nick and Nora glass.
- Garnish with a pansy or other edible flower.
*Makes 4 ounces of Black Metallic-infused rum. You will lose 0.5-1 ounce of liquid in the infusion process from tea leaf absorption
→ See more Summer Drinks
→ Teas in this recipe: